Chronic inflammation is associated with all degenerative disease processes including but not limited to Type II diabetes, heart disease, obesity, hypertension, arthritis, cancer, chronic pain, autoimmunity and Alzheimer's. Therefore exploring the innumerable triggers which initiate the inflammatory process is essential for the clinician, when assessing patient need and recommending therapeutics. What is often overlooked is how the nervous system plays an integral part in the inflammatory process. The central, autonomic and enteric nervous systems are intimately involved in the process leading to development of neuro-inflammation. But too, the nervous system is affected by chronic, unresolved inflammation. In this lecture Dr. Bump will describe the process of chronic inflammation, its antecedents, its triggers and its manifestations in various pathologies including those with structural manifestations often seen in the Chiropractic clinic. He will discuss some of the numerous causes including diet and life-style, stress, nutrient deficiencies, microbial infections, oxidative stress, structural imbalances and environmental issues. He will review the various diagnostics available for assessment and offer clinical insight into numerous therapeutics including nutrition, diet, and lifestyle.
1. Gain an understanding of the chronic inflammatory conditions in patients that present in the
2. Review of the immune system, intracellular messaging and other physiologic pathways involved in
inflammatory and neuro-inflammatory response.
3. Describe the process of resolution in the inflammatory process
4. Clinical application of how to assess chronic neuro-inflammation and provide therapeutic
interventions with diet, nutrient and life-style modifications.
5. Become familiar with concept and clinical application of neuro-inflammation.
Standard Process Wholistic Matters website: www.WholisticMatters.com